[Closed] Forum Rules
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Do not ask for help or for anyone to do your homework. This is a language discussion forum only. Anyone, who is asking for homework to be done or asking for help, may have their post deleted.
- This is not a political or religious website or forum. Refrain from posting anything to do with politics or religion.
- Do not advertise for your own courses or students. If you wish to join the instructor team then apply through the correct channels. Anyone who is found to be advertising for private students, or is attempting to lure students for themselves will be immediately banned.
- Profile names and pictures should not be advertisements for your business.
- Profanity and swearing is not tolerated in any language on this forum. We wish to keep this forum clean and violators will have their posts removed and may have restrictions placed on their account.
- You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
- You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.
Ask a teacher forums
In these forums we welcome input from non-registered instructors. As long as the advice or solutions are helpful. If you do reply to someone in this section, please state that you are not a forum registered teacher in your reply.
Please do not post complete articles or significant sections of articles. If you want to refer to an article, quote a small selection and add a link to the site. Always give your sources and the URL where appropriate. Copyright applies to texts, pictures, etc and the site can be held responsible if people post things here that breach the laws. If we see complete texts being posted or other copyright infringements, we will remove the post.
If you are in breach of any of the above rules, evolved languages reserve the right to deal with abusers/rule breakers in the appropriate manner. This can include:
Time based banning
1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.
3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor etiquette. Remember this is a language learning website.
4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain
5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes.
6. Please do not abuse the report function by multiple reports of the same thing, or by using it to score points against another member.
7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted.
9. Please do not respond to insults with more insults but rather use the report button to report inflammatory posts.
10. Please keep topics related to the forums they are in. General chat is for other related topics not covered in other forums. Other forums cover other issues, the forum title and description will tell you if you are posting the right thing in the right place